Monday, March 8, 2010

Archiving From Home

Over the weekend, I was still helping my boyfriend unpack his new condo, and we came across his three very large boxes of VHS tapes that have been packed since his move in Dec 2008. The plan was for one of his more tech-savvy friends to transfer them. Well, that hasn't happened yet, and now I've been recruited to find a cheap way of transferring these to a DVD-quality file (not archival-quality) on a hard drive.

I'm looking at some analog to digital converters, and software programs for him. He has a Mac, so it should be pretty easy to start, though it will take quite a while to complete. Though this machine/software doesn't say if it's Mac-compatible, it looks decent. The reviews are better than other converters, and I was wondering if anyone had used it, personally. I was also thinking of just going the easy route and buying a more simple piece of equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment