Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Discovering Hidden Treasures

In exchange for setting up my audio machines, I have been helping the Music Library Tech uncover information about the Emerson Meyers Electronic Music Studio at CUA, his special project.

I was able to find some photos of the studio at different points in our university photo collection, and have discovered some Emerson Meyers acetate discs while one of my practicum student assistants catalogs the School of Music audio recordings. Unfortunately, we don't have the correct playback equipment. I'm hoping to discover some reels so I can listen to (and digitize) his music. I'm still learning a lot about Emerson Meyers, but I'm discovering that he was a large force in the genre of early electronic music (one of my favorite genres). My goal is to find more information while going through the School of Music audio visual records to repay the technician for what he has done for me, but I'm quickly becoming interested in this project, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment