Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Lucky?

Ask and you shall receive? Not to be overly religious (especially since I work at Catholic University), but this morning my questions about the BEXT chunk were answered via the ARSC listserv. Thank you William McQuay, Supervising Audio Engineer from the Cornell Lab of Ornithology!

However, even though I now have access to an explanation of the BWF (Broadcast Wave Format) and the BEXT chunk, that doesn't mean I will be able to create/edit/play BWFs on my computer...

Another question--why don't I pose all of my questions to the ARSC listerv? Or better yet, why isn't there an audio engineer setting up this system, or working here even part-time? I don't want to pollute the listserv, and I'm working on finding a local mentor. The Archives simply doesn't have the money to hire anyone (or buy new equipment for that person to work with). That's not a "bad" thing, it's an inconvenient thing brought on because of the bad economy that I'm adjusting to. What do you do when you have little to work with? Get creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment